Key Properties of Epoxy Resins
- High strength
- Low Shrinkage
- Excellent adhesion to various substrates
- Effective electrical insulation
- Chemical and solvent resistance, and
- Low cost and low toxicity
Epoxies are easily cured, and they are also compatible with most substrates. They tend to wet surfaces easily, making them especially proper for composite uses. Epoxy resin is also used to modify several polymers such as polyurethane or unsaturated polyesters to enhance their physical and chemical attributes.
For thermosetting epoxies:
- The tensile strength ranges from 90 to 120 MPa
- A tensile modulus ranging from 3100 to 3800 MPa
- Glass transition temperatures (Tg) that range from 150 to 220 ◦C
Aside from the properties mentioned above, epoxy resins have two main drawbacks which are their brittleness and moisture sensitivity.
Horizon Epoxy Floor, as a company of many years of experience in this field, has been doing the best to make the customers happy and satisfied. In case you are interested or you have any question we will be highly glad to hear from you.